Monday, July 6, 2009

Some days…

I miss things. Like 4th of July. I really wanted to be at a BBQ eating messy ribs or burned hamburgers, drinking beer and watching fireworks. Normally I would have just thrown my own BBQ, however, circumstances prevented that. But, I think I am going to have one next week. There will be burgers,beer, deviled eggs, potato salad, watermelon, beer, ice cream, beer and maybe some vegetables.

I have been a little nostalgic about the US lately. Last night I went out and did something about it. I watched “Angels and Demons,” there is nothing like Tom Hanks and Ewan McGregor to make you feel at home. Especially when they are saving Vatican City, or destroying it. Or simply standing still so I can look at them.

I have also been craving certain types of food that are more difficult to get here. Like martini olives. I am in mourning over martini olives, I can’t find them anywhere, it is really tragic. Though I did find vermouth, which was exciting.

I have been craving Mexican food and sushi. I miss the Mexican food from San Diego, you know the kind where the restaurant only takes cash, looks like a hole in the wall and has Abuela in the back cooking. You know what I mean, that place people used to think it was a sex shop because of the loud moans, and if it was on fire the patrons would put it out with their bodies lest they could not get an orgasmic burrito in the Burn Ward.

So before Angels and Demons we went out for Mexican food. It was actually “El Toritos” a California Mexican restaurant chain. Not authentic, but close enough to appease the hunger.

The other food I have been yearning for is sushi. I want it pretty hardcore. I am afraid to go snorkeling in Marmaris--if I see a fish---I just might just take a bite. So if you know any good places to go for sushi in either Ankara or Marmaris, let me know. I really prefer wasabi with my raw sea creatures instead of a la snorkel.

ALONG 101 WITH VOLKAN 10-2008 (1)

No comments:

Post a Comment