Friday, April 3, 2009

Hmmph

I have been fairly busy this week. I spent Tuesday driving to Burdur, about 5 hours from Ankara, and Wednesday driving back. By driving, I mean I was in the car. Bulent is now in the military, for three weeks. It is the mandatory Turkish conscription, all men have to serve their military duty before the age of 39. It can be anywhere between 3 weeks and 18 months. The created the three week stint for Turkish men who are living out of the country and have careers so they would not lose their job and could still complete their military duty. I spent the next couple of days with Bulent's parents and am now back at the apartment. I miss my boy. And the dog does too. She won't eat. I on the other hand just enjoyed some lovely leek borek.

No comments:

Post a Comment