Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mmmm....Convenience Where Did You Go?

I just finished making:
Eggplant Parmesean
Bannana Bread
Salad
Mushroom Soup

Which should be incredibly tasty but is alot more work here. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Turkey. And the food. One of the great things about the food is that everything is fresh and homemade. There is very little pre-prepared or processed food here. However the downside is that everything is homemade. In the US to make eggplant Parmesan I would buy tomato sauce, Italian breadcrumbs and probably shredded cheese (parm and mozzarella). Here to make eggplant Parmesan I had to make tomato sauce, make bread crumbs and then shred the cheese. Which means before I even start making the eggplant parm I have to dice onions and tomatoes, season and stew them. Slice and toast the bread, season and grind it. Whine.

To tell you the truth, for dessert, I probably would have made boxed brownies or spiced up a box cake. However, since those are not available, I baked a homemade banana bread.

Update: Dinner was tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment