Saturday, May 9, 2009

Us 1 - Mercutio 3

First the good news. No one in this house has Tuberculosis, Yay! Not that we were worried about it, a]or getting tested for it. Or coughing up blood. So take that Mercutio! A plague on our houses! Weak!

But I will give him another point, just for being a pain in my ass. More accurately, my lower back. So yesterday to keep the guilt from eating me alive I helped clean the apartment. I was helping move the futon and I bent over and lifted (stupid!) and I felt something pop, or move. When I stood up it hurt so badly that I thought I was going to pass out, you know when your vision gets blurry and goes in and out? Whoooo!

It is still killing me. I can't bend over or use any of my lower back muscles. Ibuprofen didn't make a dent at all, neither did Bengay, heat or stretching. A couple of martinis did help me sleep. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

3 comments:

  1. Don't put heat on it! You need to ice it for about 20 minutes at a time, over several days. The area will be enflamed, so heating it will just make it worse. Try not to stretch too much until it calms down a little. You'll just have to give your body time to heal. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. floor sleeping helps for a strained back - pete just spent 3 weeks on the floor when he pulled his lower back and swears it helped. also a back brace to help keep it stable while you're up and about to give it time to heal.

    ReplyDelete