Saturday, August 29, 2009

Staying.

So as you know, we are staying in Turkey. While this is exciting, I also miss things from home. Like sushi and bacon. There are just some things here that I can not get, or are incredibly expensive. I certainly miss the convince of the U.S. I think the biggest difference is in cooking. It takes me twice as long to cook things here because everything has to be made from scratch. There are no short cuts. No cake mixes, or frozen bread dough or pie crusts. No canned tomato sauce, or semi-prepared veggies, etc.

The good news is that we are eating very little processed food and we have lost weight without trying. So anyone who would like to send me love swag, otherwise known as care packages, let me know. In preparation for the flood of goodies, I have started a list. Seriously.

Technorati Tags: ,

3 comments:

  1. Jules- Okay... you left me a comment on my blog today (txtwins.blogspot.com) and I started reading yours. I started at the beginning and have read (almost) all the way through! How exciting living in Turkey. Your love for food mirrors mine. I can't wait to hear more! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. How did you find it anyway? :)

    ReplyDelete